Michael J. French Memorial Engineering
Information for Applicants
The Michael J. French, Jr. Memorial Scholarship has been established in honor of an outstanding
The goal of this scholarship is to give financial assistance to excellent students pursuing careers in engineering through TCC’s Engineering program.
Awards in the amount of $750 will be made for use in the following fall semester. The number of awards is contingent on available funding, but typically at least three scholarships are awarded
The scholarship is available for both full- and part-time students. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
1) The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
2) The applicant must list Engineering (831) as his/her major on TCC records
3) The applicant must have completed at least 12 credits at TCC.
4) The applicant must have completed MTH 173 and EGR 120 or their equivalents (must be completed by the time the scholarship is awarded, which is typically in the fall semester).
5) The applicant must be enrolled for at least 6 credits at TCC that apply toward the A.S. degree in Engineering during the semester in which the scholarship is to be used.
6) The applicant must submit at least two letters of recommendation.
7) This scholarship is merit-based, so filling out a FAFSA is not required.
Applications must be submitted through the Virginia Beach Financial Aid Office.
The priority application period is from January 15 – April 1. Applications may be submitted at other times, but funding may not be available.
For any questions or additional information, contact the Financial Aid Office at the Virginia Beach Campus.