It is nice to meet you.
- B.S. Secondary Education- Emphasis in English- 1973 Old Dominion University
- M.S. Secondary Education- Emphasis in English and the Writing Process- 1985 Old Dominion University
- Fellow in the 1984 Tidewater Writing Project Old Dominion University
- Adjunct faculty member since 1992 teaching English 01, 03, 111, 112, and 210
- Selected to full time Fall of 2003.
- Fellow in the Virginia Master Teacher's Seminar 2004
- Interim Dean Languages and Speech 2007-2008
- Promoted to Assistant Professor in 2008 .
- Created and update Tidewater Community College Writing Center home page.
- Web Master Two Year College English Association Southeast (TYCA-SE)
- Chair of the TYCA-SE 2010-12
- Chaired or Co-Chaired several VCCS Peer Conferences
- Have edited several textbooks for two publishing companies.
- Worked as a technical writer and editor for a government contractor.
Even if you fall on your face, you are still moving ahead