HISTORY 111- WORLD CIVILIZATION 1
For help with technical problems,
please contact the TCC
757-822-2457 or email to:
HIS 111 is an introductory survey of major world civilizations. It offers a panoramic view of human cultural, political, economic, and social development from ancient times to pre-modern times.
This is a three-credit hour college course.
Students are required to meet on the Chesapeake Campus one time during the semester. Information will be announced at the start of the semester.
McKay, Hill, Buckler, Ebrey, A History of World Societies, vol I, fifth edition, Houghton Mifflin, 2000.
Rules for e-mail: (Please be advised that I will not
respond to e-mail without these protocols.)
1. Always use your VCCS e-mail account for this course
2. Always type HIS 111 in the subject line
3. Always type your name as registered in the message box
4. Always copy and paste a file into the message box.
5. All file attachments must be in Word 2000 or Rich Text Format (rtf)